Sunday, May 06, 2007
Is this what I want?

Since I have so much time on my hands, I thought that I'd blog about why I chose Pharmacy. To tell you frankly, I am not even sure why i chose Pharmacy. I think it was because it was portrayed to be prestigious and it allowed me to migrate out of Singapore. Singapore is suffocating, competitive and no fun at all.
I didn't consult God on whether Pharmacy is the right thing for me. I kept telling Him that I'll just let my results lead me to where I am supposed to be. But I had a conversation with a crusade senior that made me quiver with fear. She said that sometimes, there are people who found their calling in other places even though they are doing relatively well in the courses that they chose. I am just praying that He will show me the way. Where my calling is. Hq said that the person in charge of admin did a good job for Mass E and that added additional stress onto me. I know that it is a really great step of faith for the staff to let the students plan Blast Off. =) I'd do my best. But sometimes, my best isn't enough. I just pray that I'd know what to do when the time comes for it. =)
I think I can vaguely remember why I wanted to leave Singapore. I have to admit that there are a lot of things that are keeping me in Singapore. My family, friends, the food and just simply the fact that this is the place where I grew up. But sometimes, the thought of the new experiences and challenges that I'd face in the UK is just simply too enticing for me to resist. I think this is why I love travelling. I caught the travelling bug from my dad! The 2 of us love to travel. I just love to immerse myself in another culture and just pretend as though all of the frustration that I'd face in Singapore is gone. For my dad, it's just a whole new adventure.
But now, I am really questioning the desire in me to go to UK after I graduate(if I am given the chance). Is the desire really from me or from Him.
I guess I just have to pray about it and wait for the answer. =)
Labels: thoughts
the writer blogged at 11:56:00 AM