Wednesday, May 23, 2007
goldfish eyes

I just finished watching all 11 episodes of One Liter of Tears. Previously,
on Heroes, when it was screened on channel 56 on cable, I only caught it till episode 4 and dared not watch anymore cause by episode 4, I was sobbing like a baby with every scene.
Last night, I managed to muster up enough courage to watch the rest of the episodes. I cried when Aya was crying. I cried when she was happy. Yup, I cried for every scene. To the extent that I have goldfish eyes now. My dad just called me tv eyes at dinner just now. And my sister commented that her eyes are bigger than mine now! =P
But it was a really touching story. I found myself treasuring my own life more after watching all 11 episodes. Whatever that we have now is a gift. It is not to be taken for granted. Neither of us deserve what we have now. Yet, we do not realize the importance of something until it is taken away from us. She was only 15 when the disease struck her. She was having the time of her life then. She excelled academically, was doing well in her club activities and even had a senpai dating her! But yet, all these was taken away from her one at a time. What amazed me was the amount of determination she had and her 'Never Say Die' attitude. Even though there were times that she felt depressed and needed a shoulder to lean on, she tried her best to be optimistic. She always wanted to help others as she had received lots of help from her friends and from the people around her. She even inspired the physician that was treating her!
It got me thinking. Did I join pharmacy so that I could help others? Or did I join pharmacy for my own selfish interests? I still do not know. I have gone through Year1 and am one-quarter qualified to being a pharmacist but yet there is so much that I do not know. The more I study, the lesser I know. I can't even answer my dad's question on why is it that the doctor has to put the stethoscope at your arm when he is taking your blood pressure? Have I really gone through Year1? Did I waste $7,000(tuition fees) + $2,000(daily expenses & printing notes)?
I guess I am thinking too much again. I need to sleep! Meeting michelle for pirates tmr and bible study after that. =) Can't wait! =)
Labels: thoughts
the writer blogged at 10:43:00 PM