Saturday, March 03, 2007
Letters from Iwo Jima.
On
Thursday, 1st of March 2007, I went to watch
Letters from Iwo Jima with Char and Van.
We caught the 7pm one at Cathy Cine. We were going to be late but Van and I went to the toilet at the 6th level. I wanted to open the toilet door so I keep banging and pushing against it and started screaming, "AHHH! It's LOCKED!" REPEATEDLY! Then van told me that it was a one cubicle toilet. -_- SO PAI SEH! the lady inside came out staring at us. =(
That wasn't all. When we came out and wanted to go into the theater, the lady at the ticketing counter ASKED ME FOR SOME FORM OF IDENTIFICATION!!!! IT WAS A NC-16 MOVIE!! AHHHH!!!! HOW COME I DIDN'T LOOK LIKE SOMEONE ABOVE THE AGE OF 16!? AHHH!!! I totally panicked. Char and van weren't asked to produce some form of identification. AHHH!!! So pai seh!!! And we were almost late! Sigh~
We finally made our way into the the theater and sat down at the seats. The adverts started and we were enjoying ourselves. After the 2nd or 3rd advert, 2 ladies asked us for our tickets and then we realised we were at the wrong seats!!!!! Van directed us to the wrong seats. -_- Ok lah. Maybe it wasn't her fault cause we didn't check our seat numbers and just followed her. Van's mind was just full of Nino then. LOL! I think I heard Char said something about NEVER catching a movie with us again. =( What about Dreamgirls? LOL. I know that tall friend wants to watch that too!!! =)
Anyways, Letters from Iwo Jima was cool. Not bad. I felt that the director did a good job in portraying the good and bad side of both the Americans and Japanese.
The next few movies that I want to catch are, The Number 23, The Pursuit of Happyness, Dreamgirls and Paris, Je'Taime.
With so many adventures in ONE day, I was EXHAUSTED when i reached home. But it was super fun and cool lah! We should do this again some other day. =P
the writer blogged at 9:35:00 PM